• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First light with Atik 314+

Guest VikN46

Managed to test the new camera last night, more to make sure it works and to practice using the capture software.

I only had a Neodymium filter so popped the into the filter wheel more to protect the sensor than anything else (set of Narrowband filters arriving today :) ).

Well I got something at least, it works and it was good practice for a real go when the weather allows and I have my filters.

No calibration frames and both are a stack of only 5 x 300s lights, So noisy and a quick process in PS.

M31

15824040367_889e78f6aa_z.jpgTest image of M31 using new Atik 314+ and capture software (no filters) by VikN46, on Flickr

M81

15824040407_575761b8bc_z.jpgTest image of M81 using new Atik 314+ and capture software (no filters) by VikN46, on Flickr