• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Processing link for DSLR

Ibbo

looks very interesting Steve,

does this work in photoshop cs 3 ? i`ve downloaded the adobe camera raw plugin for cs3,

if so how do i get the screen to look like the one on the video ?

what is the file format for raw files ? i`ve been saving my canon images as cr2 files which won`t open in photoshop, do i need to convert them to another file format ?

Guest puckdrop

I've found that some older versions of photoshop are not compatible with the newer Adobe Camera Raw.

I'm running the Photoshop/Lightroom CC subscription, with ACR and have no problems at all.

i`ve found a way, i`m using photoshop cs3 and you need adobe camera raw 4.6 and DNG converter, anything over adobe camera raw 4.6 will not work with photoshop cs3 and as it`s an older version of the newer camera raw adobe does, the program is a little different looking but basically the same thing can be done,

i`m using a canon 1100d which camera raw 4.6 won`t open, it will open canon 1000d though, so you need to convert the canon raw cr2 files to DNG which is a raw file format also with the DNG converter program, both of the adobe plug ins are free.

had a quick play with it yesterday and i cleaned up some vignetting and lowered the noise in the image and got rid of a few dust bunnys that have appeared since i let the kids use the camera over the last few months !

Now that is interesting Steve, thanks for posting.

I was reading some time back re dithering and colour and it went a bit whoosh, that's explained it simply. I am getting a widefield rig together slowly and I can now incorporate a means of dithering now I reckon.

As for the rest of the stuff, Im on PS7 so don't stand a chance with the Camera Raw stuff but one day

astro photgraphy tool allows you to dither and also phd 2 using some capture software, but from what can gather APT can control the mount directly and allow it to dither so should work with phd 1 if your still using that.

• 1 month later...
Guest knocker

Nice one Steve

I take delivery of my new ED80 Pro on Tue so will give this a try using CS4 the thing is I have an HEQ5 pro Canon 7d and the 70-200 f2.8 II so would have given this a go tonight were it not for the cloud

this whole hobby has just got a lot easier