• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Derby

Guest Camperman

Guest Camperman

Hi

I bought my first scope in the past month (Skywatcher Sky-Hawk 1145PM) and am discovering just how addictive this hobby can be. I joined the Stargazars Lounge a few weeks ago and was pointed in the direction of this forum - it looks every bit as informative and relaxed as the SGL.

I am very much a stargazing noob, but am wanting to learn!

I am currently finding it fascinating just getting to look at the planets with a different perspective, and considering how to get away from the light pollution in Derby!

Looking forward to some clear skies and cold nights.

Rob

Hey Rob :)

Welcome to EMS.

We've got some nice dark sites, one being near Belper which should not be too far. :D

Any questions, just pop a thread in the beginners area and somebody will try to help you out.

Hi Rob - Glad to see you made it here and welcome to EMS :)

You'll find us very relaxed, freindly, and a fun group. Keep your eye on the Announcements section (especially at the weekends) for the next meeting when weather allows. You're most welcome to come along for a free first visit to see if you enjoy yourself as much as we do and decide if you'd like to join the "Dark Site" group. We all chip in for the hire of 2 sites which are available any night all year. Subs are currently £20 per year. The forum of course is free.

Meantime ask any questions you like and someone will offer help - Enjoy the forum :)