• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Trying out some new filters

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Happy New Year to you all, I've recently been finding it difficult to give as much time as I'd like to imaging with work commitments, but I'm hoping that 2015 will let me do a little more.
Any how I wasn't going to post this shot in this section but as I've done nothing for a while I thought I might as well.
I've been trying some new filters made by a company called Chroma......I know its just the same old M42 but I thought it needed to be something that every imager had some experience with.  I will be writing a review on them just as soon as I've done an image with the narrow band set so just for now here is a quick LRGB shot 60mins in each filter.
I'm in the process of sorting some issues with the scope and camera so please forgive me if the star shape is a little off....

thanks for looking
Peter  :))

https://www.flickr.com/photos/astropix/15963287730/

Great image Peter what sort of breakdown in sub lengths have you used tgo retain the core?

Clear skies for 2015

Guest peter shah

Thanks Felix and Francis, the core was just a couple of 30s shots , its so bright it doesn't take a lot and the rest 600s x 6 in each filter