• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What a Difference a Year Makes...

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Looking through my old photos and realising just how far I've come in the last year from my very fuzzy shakey pics to some of my latest work that I never thought for a second was achievable from my back garden!

A big thank you to everyone on EMS and all the members of ELAC for the help and guidance you have given me.. I'm looking forward to a successful 2015 in my astrophotography..

15987297300_50e8bafb73_b.jpgM45Year by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

Fantastic stuff, I love these types of photos showing people's progress.

Bet your a bit chuffed?

good graphic demonstration that all new images should take note of

you have done well over the year good stuff

massive improvement, well done and can`t wait for next years progress image, should be a stunner.

That's awesome comparison Steve :) having a solid quality mount helps a great deal too ;) That's some seriously good progress in just 12 months-Congrats!

It just shows what a bit of patience and a few quid can do. I still think it is wrong that the scope manufacturers say for instance that you can connect a DSLR to a 200P, yes you can, but you have no realistic hope of getting the shots that they claim you might.

You have done well considering the poor weather. Nice one. :)