• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Star Gazing Live 2015.

Guest pugly101

Guest pugly101

Hi Guys and Gals,

I understand that the BBC are scheduling Star Gazing 2015 for 18th, 19th and 20th of Match this year to coincide with the partial solar eclipse at 0741 UTC.

Are you running an event? or would anyone be interested if I stuck on an event at Kelham Hall? I think we can get camping there and it is nice and dark - if anyone is interested I will sort something out.

Jason.

http://www.kelhamhall.co.uk

Hi Jason.

Very generous of you to offer, that sounds like a great idea.

Unfortunately that is also when the yearly SGL (Star Gazers Lounge - not Star Gazers LIve) event is on down in Mordiford near Hereford, quite a lot of us (but not all) head down there.

Might be best leaving this for a day or two and see what interest you get, if i was not already going to the SGL event I would be up for this.

EDIT.

I will keep an eye on this thread and if a fair amount of interest is showing, I will get in touch and help you sort it.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Daz Type-R

Have a chat with Perkil8r and Daz-type-R, they are the events organisers. :)

Beat me to it Daz

Edited by BAZ
Too slow.

Guest pugly101

tea, coffee, power, I have a couple of people interested in giving some lectures in theory.... I had a quick word with a lady from Bassettlaw Astro soc and they might be interested . if peopl want it to go ahead the more the merrier.

Our event is on Weds 25th March, more details later this month.

Feel free to do this though as you may well get some good interest since ours is midweek. Not ideal I know but there are a lot of contributing factors for this move this year. We may possibly look to do something later in the year on a public outreach level but it won't be connected with Stargazing Live, the March one is though, very much so and is looking to be huge!

Edit to add: I too am away from the afternoon of the 20th for the weekend, in the morning I have a big event in our school to sort / host so I will be very much busy. If you need any help or advice though please do get in touch and I will do what I can.

Edited by Perkil8r

We're also are interested, we've not made it too any events in ages!, but we'll need to check first if astro dog can come too.

Does Kelham have good views of the east horizon? Looking for somewhere to view the eclipse, I'm reckoning on 13° for first contact, and if it's clear on the Thursday night I could be tempted to do an all nighter but wouldn't be camping.

Edited by tuckstar