• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Less is more!

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

Although i was happy with my first image in ages I could see there was room for improvement, The over all image looked slightly noisey and not as sharp as it should have been

This reprocess job is a LRGB version rather than just an RGB. The luminance was made up from the sharper RGB frames, Creating a pseudo Luminance layer. I had to drop about 30mins of exposure time.....i think in this case less is more.

Ive included a couple of full res sections to show the sort of detail im getting from it

I think much better now smile.gif

Thanks for looking

Peter

Very good, just goes to show what you can acheive if you put the time in.

wow what set up do u need to see as clear as that? very nice

As I was saying in the other thread wobby-we (as in our eyes) cannot see night sky objects like that, the camera does.

It takes a good setup,lots of patience and expertise and computer processing know how to get great shots like those.