• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Harborough

Guest Ben

Hi All, my first visit here.  After years of wishing I had a telescope, and after some fun photographing the moon with a DSLR, I finally took the plunge and purchased a Celestron 127 SLT last week.  Typically there's only been one clear night since, but hopefully plenty more in the not too distant future.

Ben

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. Yeah, the good old British weather is doing a marvellous job as of late. Any questions, feel free to ask away in the relevant section and somebody will be along shortly to answer them, in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Ben

Welcome to EMS, I only joined at Xmas so am a newcomer too, you will find this a great place, I can vouch for how helpful the guys are on here

HI Ben, a warm welcome to EMS.

Well the way the weathers looking at the moment we are back to how it was last year, America stuck in a polar vortex, and us copping all the low's wheeling over on the jet stream.

Never mind,  that's a nice scope you have got there, you'll need to leave it out at least an hour to cool down to ambient temp before you start to get the tube currents (within the scope itself ) settling down. After this it's a great scope on the Moon and Planets. 

In the meantime, enjoy the forum. :)