• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Revelation 2" 42mm Eyepiece ?

gfletcher

Hi Guys

Thinking of purchasing a Revelation 2" 42mm Eyepiece for use in my Meade 8" SCT.

This will give me a 48X magnification and with the 65 degree eyepiece App FOV should give me 1.37 degs of arc FOV.

Has anyone any experience of this eyepiece with an 8" f/10 SCT  ?

Your comments would be much appreciated.

Graham

hi Graham,

i have not tried the 42mm revelation eyepiece but i`ve always been a fan of there astro gear, thay seem to be well made and half decent quality so you should go too far wrong, another one to consider and one i use with my Celestron 8" sct is the Skywatcher 32mm Panaview, these are lovely eyepieces and work well with a f10 scope, will also give you a little more mag but not too much.

Edited by red dwalf

Guest StevenWhatley

Hi Graham,

I have this eyepiece and rate it very highly !! I used it before with my 8"LX90 before I bought my ED80 and it was a joy to use..

Great bang for the buck!!

Thanks