• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from hathern, Leicestershire

Guest Shepshed runner

Guest Shepshed runner

Hi all, just joined today had a telescope for Christmas off my wife a Sky-Watcher Explorer-200P (EQ5) Parabolic Telescope? I said it looked nice so hey presto!! I've posted a topic about the comet lovejoy today, so hopefully Some of you guys or ladies might help me with my question. Cheers mark

Hi Mark, welcome aboard and good luck comet hunting. I see that you have already been given some pointers to finding it. A very capable scope you have there.

Welcome Mark, youve kicked off well, the 200p is a good scope and of course youve joined ems :-)

Edited by philjay

Hi Mark, a warm welcome to EMS.

Well, you are off to a flying start with that scope, a great bit of kit. It will serve you well, and as mentioned is very capable, Galaxy season is just round the corner so that should keep you busy for a while.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and someone will be along to help out.

In the meantime enjoy the forum.:)