• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS Stargazing Live 2015

Perkil8r

I will check but I should have the key for the access gate that is on the service road. In which case you should be able to unload within about 50feet. I do need to check though.

I'll bring both my scopes Mike but they'll only be on the one mount. I can get there early aswell to help out as I work in castle donnington.

I've put the event down in my diary. I'd like to come.

To be a visitor or to help out? Either way you will be more than welcome :)

Sounds like you are doing Stirling work there Mike keep it up.

Should be a great evening shame its so far away. 

To be a visitor or to help out? Either way you will be more than welcome :)

Probably a visitor Mike because I'm not sure how I could help.

I'm sure you could help just by being there and adding to numbers, but that is fine, will be good to see you there whatever capacity it might be in :)

We do have badges already and I will bring them on the night. They don't have a name on though.

Oh, if I can have a badge, then I can mingle and talk astronomy to budding astronomy enthusiasts perhaps. I could take parties to various places if I was told in advance what was needed.

Righty okey dokey.......

I have the following who have posted they will be there, I have noted where I would like you if it is clear. If it is cloudy then you would all be inside obviously. Please let me know if you are unhappy or have changed your mind etc. It has been a very busy week, well month actually, and it is only going to get worse in the next 12 hours!

Tuckstar - Outside with scope/s and perhaps a laser pointer.

Daz Type R - Outside with dob

Doc - Inside with scope (I presume)

Rusty Strings - Inside (with scope?)

Philjay - Inside with the big brass one please ;):thumbsup:

Zidder - Outside? With scope.

Baz - Outside with frac please.

DaveJw - Inside please, both?

The Bagman - Inside or out (are you bringing a scope?)

T A Wow - Inside with the scud missile silo

Orion - Milling about please :)

Perkil8r - Running around like a headless chicken with a radio in his hand.

Daz and Andy have both said they should be early, you are both in charge of pointing to other members arriving etc, well volunteered :thumbsup:

Guest zidder

That's fine for me. Of us that are outside are we deciding who will be looking at what ? or just grabbing what we can ?

Sounds like a plan to me matey. Can't run both scopes as they are both manual but I'm sure Phil would look after the zeiss inside for me and I'll run the Dob + laser thingy outside if that's OK. Unless of course someone wants to play with the zeiss.

Edited by tuckstar

That's fine for me. Of us that are outside are we deciding who will be looking at what ? or just grabbing what we can ?

Usually the brighter objects so that when someone knocks the scope you can find it again easily;-)

Do I need to bring the steps Mike?

Sounds like a plan to me matey. Can't run both scopes as they are both manual but I'm sure Phil would look after the zeiss inside for me and I'll run the Dob + laser thingy outside if that's OK. Unless of course someone wants to play with the zeiss.

Perfect :thumbsup:

With regards to targets: Moon, Jupiter possibly Venus. A lot of the other stuff is a bit too difficult for the newcomer to see and they don't always have the same impact. Also bare in mind the lights will be on due to health and safety :( Globs can be good too though, but the moon is often a great one since they all know what they can usually see and are often blown away by it through a scope.

Yes, I shall "mill about" near the biscuits (although I'm on a diet, awwe shucks, will I be tempted?).

I'll be there for both events. Can't get there to early... do I ever... Can bring scope of it looks like I'll be there early Ish else the bins and mount will be in the boot. I can be out side and show some wide field stuff with the bins? Happy to supervise the telementor outside if you like Andy?

You would be more than welcome to run the zeiss Steve. I should have enough eyepieces for both, and I'm sure there'll be plenty about, but stick a couple of low mags in your pocket. It's converted (tastefully) to accept 1.25". The mount might take a moment or two to get used to but you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Hi Mike, can't bring anything, just my hands and enthusiasm!

Thanks to every one for a warm welcome.

Terry