• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Wide field C/2014 Q2 Lovejoy and Pleiades

Johnnyaardvark

Another one...

Taken from home on Friday night so full of light pollution and didn't really have the dark skies I would have liked. Also only had about 2hrs to play before I had to drive down to London... Oh, excuses excuses... :P

Actually my first image piggybacking the DSLR on top of the ED80 (atop the HEQ5 Pro) no reason for the ED80 to be there only that I don't have a way to mount it directly yet. It was fun trying to frame the shot as you can't [easily] rotate the camera. But, 2 minute+ subs look doable especially with darker skies. Widefield and tracked with the DSLR is one reason I got into this in the first place. Shame it's not all more portable! 

About (?) 9x 2min exposures a few darks but didn't get any flats in hence some gradient issues that I have tried to "cleverly" remove manually in CS2. D5000.

So many good Lovejoy pics out there at the mo... How about some more processing hints and tips please!

16320606852_61c2973057_h.jpgComet C/2014 Q2 Lovejoy and Pleiades by sja88, on Flickr

Edited by Johnnyaardvark