• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Big hello from Steve at Rainworth (Mansfield)

Smithysteve

Hello to all EMS members, I joined a couple of days ago following up on one of your members recommendations, thanks Pete! ( tweedledee ). I have enjoyed looking around the forums and checking out some of the great postings by 'like' minded members etc.

I am looking forward to learning more about this fabulous subject, It's good to be among people with the same interests.

Cheers for now!

Steve

Hi Steve, a warm welcome to EMS. :)

Some impressive kit there, it looks like you have been at this lark for a while. What's your light pollution like?

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Hi Baz, I have always been interested in astronomy, struggled with a home made 6" reflector for twenty years etc, but thanks to better equipment becoming available, the web and Hubble etc it has now blossomed into an all absorbing hobby.

thanks for the enquiry about light pollution etc, it's average, I live on outskirts of a village and I have a street light metres away, but it is what it is, and that's one more good reason for having a dome etc. The dome is brill, but only got it last summer, but can recommend.

Cheers

Steve

Guest Steve Binns

Hi Steve

Joined EMS Today and still looking for my first scope,but hopefully joining a club tomorrow and already purchased a few books on astronomy and physics. Made it my my New Years promise to get more involved as I have loved it really for years. You know the saying "one small step for man". I am looking forward to my first taste of searching the skies.

Steve

Hello and welcome to EMS, not a million miles away from you in Hucknall.

Would love a dome but might be a tad overkill for the dob, that and the wife would kill me lol.

LOL,

Hi Darren, yes, I know what you mean about the missus and the 'monstrosity' as she fondly calls it! I have had to construct a high fence around it to after the outlook from the house :-)

But she is very tolerant, and it gets me out from under her feet...

Cheers!

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome. This lot are brilliant and very helpful.

Wished I had an obsy.

I have to laugh at general comments on here about some wives not being pleased about observatories or giving their men an allowed budget. There's a lot of women out there who love the subject and would love to be taken to a dark freezing field with a telescope, flask and a box of Milk Tray on Valentine's Day   :D  :D  :D

Again, I would like to say it has been great to see so many warm welcomes. It is very encouraging and I love the site.

Your comments have made me smile, even laugh out loud, are friendly and making me feel at home already.

I am impressed by the amount of knowledge and experience oozing from the members posts and the serious listings of Astro kit. All great stuff!

Cheers!

Steve