• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Big shout out to the locals

Guest knocker

Guest knocker

Hi All just found your site have been doing Astro for god knows how long did not know this site existed!

The names Neil and I,m a Lincoln lad LN4.  Just looking to up grade my 200p to a SW 80ED Pro and a guide cam (keeping the HEQ5 Pro)

Last year I got rid of my role off roof shed to make way for a new log cabin so now my rig is outside but fully wired up to the cabin (heated of course)

Look forward to some good chat

Thx Neil

Welcome to EMS Neil. :)

How is your light pollution? I presume from your postcode that you have Lincoln's light to your north and west.

Hi Neil, us locals (Lincs) are having our monthly meeting at Badger Farm next Saturday night if you'd like to join us??

I have an ED80 you can try out and there are other Lincoln folk going as well as Skegness, Boston etc..

Check out the ELAC site and on Facebook..

Cheers

Ron

Guest knocker

Welcome to EMS Neil. :)

How is your light pollution? I presume from your postcode that you have Lincoln's light to your north and west.

Hi Yes I do and I make the best of a bad job to be honest, its my neighbors who are the pain they leave there kitchen lights on ALL NIGHT sometimes which can be annoying

Guest knocker

Hi Neil, us locals (Lincs) are having our monthly meeting at Badger Farm next Saturday night if you'd like to join us??

I have an ED80 you can try out and there are other Lincoln folk going as well as Skegness, Boston etc..

Check out the ELAC site and on Facebook..

Cheers

Ron

Sorry Ron I am away in Norwich that night, another time 

Thx

Guest knocker

Hi Neil. Sounds like you've got one of the greatest things an imager could have - an obsy and warm room.

Yes I have but still yet to give it its first light as only just got the electrics out to the scope. QHY5L-II is in the post so - wait out !

Interesting. I just bought a QHY5L-II and an Altair Astro 60 mm miniguider scope. But I still need to get a GT81 and HEQ5 Pro. I could try the QHY5L-II on my 8.75" NR as a planetary and lunar imager for starters before the refractor comes.

Guest knocker

Interesting. I just bought a QHY5L-II and an Altair Astro 60 mm miniguider scope. But I still need to get a GT81 and HEQ5 Pro. I could try the QHY5L-II on my 8.75" NR as a planetary and lunar imager for starters before the refractor comes.

Nice - I have 3 SLR lenses on flea bay right now

As soon as they have sold I am ordering the SW 80ED Pro --- so things are looking up,,, (sorry had to be said)

Guest HykehamObservatory

Welcome to EMS Neil. If you get stuck with anything, come to the imaging group at the Lincoln A.S. We have all grown up the hard way. You can see what we are up to on the website (lincolnastronomy.org).