Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

Sign in to follow this  
cosmic dave

Eclipse meeting.

cosmic dave

Just to make you aware we are having an eclipse meeting at badger farm on the morning of march 20th first contact with the moon is 7.41 am so it's a early start. All very welcome as usual. :-)

Ps I have ordered a few pairs of eclipse glasses so cloud permitting you should get a brilliant view..

stash

7.41am sorry Dave too early for me and its a Friday - i will watch from my bed  :D

plus there is a night meeting the next day which i will be going to.

Edited by stash

cosmic dave

no worries, hopefully it will be a little warmer next meet lol

Johnnyaardvark

I'll be working a little later that day... but hopefully getting the some imaging done first if it's clear!

Wondering about the times? I read 8.30 (all ish) for 1st contact, 9.30 for mid eclipse/maximum cover and then 10.30 finishing?

Jealous of all you peeps that you all will be able to have get together. :-) Enjoy and fingers crossed for the weather for all of us! 

Steve

Perkil8r

08:26 first contact, 09:31 fullest, 10:41 last according to my sources and our planning.

Johnnyaardvark

Thanks Mike.

That's about my thinking...

Late notice but also thinking about planning something at "work" too. Would be interested to know more about plans at your place? Fancy starting another thread somewhere to discuss or we could have a chat via pm or fb etc?

Steve

tuckstar

08:26 first contact, 09:31 fullest, 10:41 last according to my sources and our planning.

Are you sure mike, every where I looked it's 07.41 utc for first contact, 09.45 for totallity and 11.41 last contact. Clocks don't change till March 29. Wouldn't want you to miss it.

Sorry I stand corrected after checking several sites you might be right. Strange that there are two times out there.

Anyone know for definite?

Edited by tuckstar

Perkil8r

So does stellarium and a few other sites. I think the start time may vary between locations and timezones, I have gone off the time I should see it in Long Eaton.

Bino-viewer

Think you're correct Andy.

It's a 4 hour event though......surely we'll get to see some of it......?