• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

Had a great time with every one good campsite ,I had very heavy traffic down the A1 A1M but got held up on the Dartford crossing for 50mins look for ward to next time

Stephen

• Like 4

I have the email address for the ramblers, so thought it would be nice o send them a little thank you.

Something along these lines.

Hi Mike,

I would just like to say a big thank you to yourself and your colleagues who attended Studfold camp site at the same time as ourselves, (The Stargazers).

We were very grateful for the courtesy shown by your group, regarding the use of white lights and closing the curtains, this made a big difference to the enjoyment of the night sky for us.

Please pass on our gratitude for their efforts.

I hope that the people who came over and had a look enjoyed the view. You never know, it could start something.

Feel free to have a look round our forum and if any of your members need any help with astronomical matters they would be very welcome to join and  participate.

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/

Again thanks for making it an enjoyable stay.

Best Regards

East Midland Stargazers.

If there's anything you feel should be added, let me know.

• Like 3

Got back this afters

Very quiet last night set up the DSL:R and got rained upon but it was great when I took the hounds for last orders.

I said a quick thanks to the rambler club man as well

good move on the e mail Baz

My thoughts on EMS4

Despite my concerns this turned out to be an excellent star party

2 great nights of stargazing with very good skies (I forgot the SQM )

I manged to track down my mount troubles to a dodgy eqdir contection

Thanks to all esp those who left me alone to swear at my kit on thurs night and the views through your scopes while the imagaing took care of its self.

We did stay up to see Venus Moon mars and Jupiter friday morning

and thanks to Pete for some new objects to me through his 14" that scope certainly sucks in the light and yes I do need a step for the overhead targets

Helen says hello but was not at her best so kept mainly in the caravan

• Like 3

Glad you got another clear night. Just a shame my two night were cloudy. But I enjoyed it all the same. Thanks for the hospitality on Friday night Allan I'll supply the whiskey next year :)

• Like 1

The power came back on at around two-ish, the power company were tree pruning near the overhead lines to prevent damage come winter. A local told us that when we went up the cafe for a brew.

Great to see you again Tom, I hope you had a good trip back up North. :)

Did they get the power sorted later Steve?

Yes, I know I'm not Steve lol, but the power was back on around two ish, literally one minute after we'd left the cafe.

• Like 1

In case you'd hadn't guessed, I'm home too, I had to make an unplanned stop to sort out Elroy, and had a slight traffic delay on the A1, but apart from that we got back fine.

I had a great time, the site is fantastic, lovely facilities, handy dog friendly cafe and pub, fab skies, couldn't ask for more really!  Well done to the finders  :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone's generosity and kindness, it means a lot to me, thank you.  And of course the astrodog sitting, I've seen the photographic evidence of what he gets up to when I'm not around!!!  He also says a big thank you for the sausage and crackers and things he was forced to eat  ;)

@Pete, glad the Dandy met expectation, shame it's up for sale now, but unfortunately needs must.  And you must get a step for that dob, we're not all tall like you.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks to all who organised this.

A great site in a beautiful setting.

Despite the weather we had a great time. It was good to meet up with everyone.

I will post some photos eventually but the laptops currently dying (posting from work).

• Like 1

It was great to finally meet you Bruce ( and the good lady). Just love that vintage caravan, you have it in spick and span order. 

Hope you lad is ok

Thanks, he will be ok once we gets medication organised....yet more tablets in the house :(

Laptop going again (new hdd & new windows 10 install)

so some photos as promised:

Gouthwaite resevoir

EMS4_1.jpg

View from Campsite

EMS4_3.jpg

Campsite

IMG_0407.jpg

• Like 3