• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS 4

BAZ

I've booked onto pitch 7, but I can't add it to the other thread.

Dont worry Cazz, I will do that.

Glad you can make it.

I'm booked in on 09 from Thursday through Monday :)

Awesome stuff Pete, really glad you can make it!

I am hoping that the skies will play ball. We have stayed at Woodhouse farm at Winksley. Even with a small sodium light outside the toilet block, twenty yards away you could see the Milky Way. In the dark it was difficult to make out the stars in Cygnus, It was just stunning. This site is even further away from light pollution.

The site is on the North York Moors. It is around two - three hours travelling, depending on if you are towing or not.

Or 3 to 4 hours - depending on what you're driving and if towing lol ;-)

Cazz, give us a shout if you need a push, Elroy can drive! :lol:

I just might lol.

I've seen some stickers that I want to get that say, "If you think this slow, wait till I get to a hill" and "Yes, I drive this to to P*** you off"    But I wouldn't change it!

No I won't as 12 is not on the plan anymore so have gone for 14

All,

If you have booked on the camps website and have not posted here, can you either do so or let me know via PM who has booked what pitch.

Obviously somebody has booked Pitch 12, I am keen to find out if it is one of us or a none astro person, I would hate to think a member of the general public has booked in the middle of us and may have lights blazing all night, if it is not one of us, we may be able to ask the camp site to move them.

Thanks in advance.

Don't know how busy this campsite is likely to get in October, but I think it would be advantageous for everyone going to EMS 4, if EMSers thinking of booking, got their finger out and booked sooner rather than later.

As Darren says, it could spoil things a bit if we have non-astro campers lighting up the place.

Only seems to be paypal on the website, I'll give them a call tomorrow and report back.

Edited by tuckstar

Guys and gals, word of warning.

When booking, you have to be honest with regards to your caravan size, tent size ETC.

We thought pitch 12 had been booked, turns out pitch 12 is quite small and only available to tents, a van will not fit on pitch 12.

The camp-sites website / booking system is really clever, only giving you available pitches that have been designated to your requirements, I wish all sites were like this.

So look at the site map, make sure your requirements are correct and the available pitches ONLY will be listed, if you want a certain pitch, you will have to downsize to a tent, or not want EHU for example.

As far as I can tell, we are the only ones on the field so far, so book quick people, if we get a certain amount, the owners have said they will let us have the field just for us!

Any questions, please feel free to give me a shout.

Edited by Daz Type-R

It is a very clever booking system - and it worked perfectly on my phone too!

The pitch size is why I chose 7, as it's smaller leaving the bigger pitches free for larger units, I'm only using my van, and it's in the corner keeping the stressy mutt out of trouble, he does get rather enthusiastic when he sees other dogs, cats, things he things are dogs :nonono: .  But I am now wondering if it's too amongst the trees and not going to get much of that potential bright thing - I'm not using the word!  Hmm, pros and cons.  :unsure:  :facepalm: