• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

7.3.15 back garden

Guest zidder

Guest zidder

Had a two hour session tonight in the back garden. I set out with a list of sixteen objects all from Turn Left at Orion, the vast majority I was never going to see because of obstructions ( trees etc )

But of the ones I did see I was dead chuffed because I am now starting to get it, the feeling of chuffedness when you actually find what your after and the fact that you have actually got your beady eyes on this thing that isn't there ( normal eye sight)

So what did I get ? M36 , M38 , M44 , M81 :)

There is no doubt using the Wixey and skysafari 4 app helped no end all I need now is a setting circle and I think there will be no stopping me  B)

Thanks again folks for all the advice

Glad it's all starting to come together. Once you have the setting circle those objects will just fall into the eyepiece.

It is really good that you are managing to find your way around and seek out these objects more easily now Gary :thumbsup: .

Well done Gary.

Also if you saw M81 I bet you saw M82 as well even if you didn't know it.