• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lincs meet went really well.

cosmic dave

Cool, I will do mine tonight, now its spread the word time, BUT DONT MENTION THE FIREBALL I was sat in the car about to leave when it happend !!!!!

Those photo's make the place look really dark and spooky, looks like a great turn out, lots of scopes.

Cool, I will do mine tonight, now its spread the word time, BUT DONT MENTION THE FIREBALL I was sat in the car about to leave when it happend !!!!!

What Fireball?? Oh you mean that once in a lifetime event that was so fantastic that it has been all over the news and had everyone buzzing with excitement. :D

Well done guys, its amazing how forums like this bring like minded people together.

Glad you got some observing in, which seems to be something a lot of "Clubs" forget while indulging in politics.

I have become a "member" of a Society which was born on another forum and there has been an observing session every weekend since it formed 4 weeks ago, average attendance has been 10 each week.

Glad to hear it's going so well for you guys.

Ron, I'll drop you a PM about a board.

Well done guys, its amazing how forums like this bring like minded people together.

Glad you got some observing in, which seems to be something a lot of "Clubs" forget while indulging in politics.

I have become a "member" of a Society which was born on another forum and there has been an observing session every weekend since it formed 4 weeks ago, average attendance has been 10 each week.

No politics here thanks lol, that's why we quickly dropped the society tag so avoid all that.

Guest Space Beagle

Sounds like the meet up ent really well, sorry I couldn't be there, but will be very interested in attending future ones! Would like to become member of ELAC too, especially with a fireball symbol for a logo, he he!

By the way, my wife and I will be having a small charity / fund-raising do at my house in the near future, with, possibly a small star party thrown in, so I will let you all know when its organised in case anyone wants to pop along! Here in Sibsey one of the local farmers / landowners has already said he will let me set up my scopes just outside of the village by his grass runway, where he fixes small planes etc! So, that could possibly turn out to be quite a nice little local observing site for us stargazers!

Doc

Sounds good Doc, not sorted membership yet but will have a board of our own, so keep looking. Ok about star party at home, keep us posted!

Sounds like the meet up ent really well, sorry I couldn't be there, but will be very interested in attending future ones! Would like to become member of ELAC too, especially with a fireball symbol for a logo, he he!

By the way, my wife and I will be having a small charity / fund-raising do at my house in the near future, with, possibly a small star party thrown in, so I will let you all know when its organised in case anyone wants to pop along! Here in Sibsey one of the local farmers / landowners has already said he will let me set up my scopes just outside of the village by his grass runway, where he fixes small planes etc! So, that could possibly turn out to be quite a nice little local observing site for us stargazers!

Doc

just stick elac on your signature and you in lol, we are having another night in the next few weeks and your very welcome...

Absolutely Dave, no politics here. We don`t want to be faffing about with red tape and all that. Last night was how i feel it should always be. Nice relaxing atmosphere, bit of observing, bit of a chat, nothing to formal but organised well enough to get like minded people together to share something that they all enjoy. It was my first session last night and i thought it was great. If i am honest I was a little worried at first as i did not really know anyone but my worries soon faded as we all got chatting and looking through eachothers scopes. All that attended were friendly and noone was left out. I can only immagine it getting better from here on as we all get to know eachother a little better.

Absolutely Dave, no politics here. We don`t want to be faffing about with red tape and all that. Last night was how i feel it should always be. Nice relaxing atmosphere, bit of observing, bit of a chat, nothing to formal but organised well enough to get like minded people together to share something that they all enjoy. It was my first session last night and i thought it was great.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        If i am honest I was a little worried at first as i did not really know anyone but my worries soon faded as we all got chatting and looking through eachothers scopes. All that attended were friendly and noone was left out. I can only immagine it getting better from here on as we all get to know eachother a little better.

Think we need nibbles next meet to keep us going.

Think we need nibbles next meet to keep us going.

Have a word with Martyn, he is our local char wallah and an expert in all matters related to tea and bicckies!

:D

Have a word with Martyn, he is our local char wallah and an expert in all matters related to tea and bicckies!

Truer words have never been spoken. The man is a tea and bicky legend!