• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A couple from last night

Guest Yosser70

Guest Yosser70

Well my first imaging session during a full moon last night, good god what a pain! lol I did M31 again as I now have a focal reducer now and think it really helped as I think you can see a little dark band at the edge of the galaxy that I couldn't see before so considering the conditions I more than happy with my progress. I also tried M27, it was very low so LP was a problem (LP filter turned up this morning!). Is very noisy but I'm still pleased I got a bit of the nebula to show :-) Any comments on how to improve them would be greatly appreciated :-)

M31 25 lights and 10 darks

M3109_12_11edited.jpg

M27 25 lights and 10 darks

M2709_12_11.jpg

Edited by Yosser70

The reducer's made a lot of difference and you're getting the dust lanes coming through on M31 now - onwards and upwards :)

Guest Yosser70

Ya having a shorter exposure and wide view really helps, though I'm thinking of doing a mosaic of M31 as I still cant get it all in. Also I'll do a lot more lights and darks next time.