• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 21/04/2015

catman161

So this is the best of a bad bunch from the 21st. Seeing was poor and I am having to focus by hand as my JMI motofocus that I bought recently does not keep traction on the microfocuser knob of my feathertouch regardless of how it is setup. Luckily rother valley optics have been very reasonable in helping me with this and hopefully I'll be back focusing electronically soon. 

The below image was taken at 21:40 on the 21st April. It is the best 2500 of 5000 frames captured in Sharpcap 2 with an ASI120MC and Planeta 10 inch and AZEQ6. Processed in PIPP, registax for wavelets and PSCS2 for levels and curves etc. It is very noisy but try as I might in photoshop trying to sharpen and smooth/denoise it this is the best I can get it. 

Forecast is for clear skies tonight so I shall see if I can have one final go at jupiter before the season is well and truly finished 

As always comments/help welcomed :)

17276482431_5426594c50_o.pngCapture 2015-04-21T21_40_30_pipp_g2_b3_ap25PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

Edited by catman161

That's a cracking image Felix,

I would be over the moon with a result like that!

Speaking of the Moon, it's come around again and it's not far from Jupiter tonight, (about 6 deg.)

It's 8 days old, waxing gibbous and won't be setting until 02.37am, so anyway, good luck tonight... Cheers!

Thanks Stephen. Looking at the charts, seeing doesn't look as though it is going to be great tonight but I'll have a go.