• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Saturn 1-6-13 from Wymeswold

tbird

Some Saturn images from last nights Wymeswold meet.

Celestron c9.25 on NEQ6, QHY IMG0H camera, larger image with x2 Televue barlow. Processed in PIPP and Registax 6, only 1000 frames

saturn22-38-12-164_pipp_zps58bee78b.jpg

saturn1-6-13rs22-23-13-175_pipp_zpsa9a1f

saturn1-6-1322-23-13-175_pipp_zps5cd05f7

Nice result at the end. Good capture Paul - dunno what's causing the colour - an imager will comment for you. :)

(didn't realise you'd come so far last night)

Good images there Paul. I think the bottom one as well, only as it is a bit sharper. I would be pleased with any of them. :)

Great images. I'm jealous.

My attempts at home last night were hindered by numerous issues.

Paul, have you processed this on the laptop? It looks very red/dark as mine did the other week. I've since borrowed someones Spyder device which helps to calibrate devices to all look more alike; it's not perfect but a start.

Great work and sorry I wasn't there to meet you again.

James

Paul, what do you find the advantage of using PIPP is, as all I can seem to work out is that it does the same job as Registax but just doesn't stack.

James

James, pipp will centralise the object, useful if its windy and the scopes shaky or if polar allignments out and the planet drifts. Lots of other functions in there but that's the main reasons I use it.

I think you're right about the laptop although the final image did get a tweak on the desktop.