• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M35 and Monkey

philjay

Another from he other night with the modded 1000d and 50mm f1.8. This time set at F4 to control the star shapes a bit more. Only 20 minutes of 2 minute 800 iso subs this as I was flagging by this time. No calibration, stacked in I+ and messed around with in PS7. Severely cropped.

No calibration cos I am just getting used to the lens. I reckon my next outing will have to be with calibration, theres a lot cropped off here due to vignetting, M36 and 37 to name but 2 have had to be cropped off.

Theres a few more bits of nebula in there, its amazing how much there is splatted around the skies in this region :D

m35_monkey.jpg

Its a lovely lens Andy, just remember to stop it down a bit to control the stars. Its a shame because its capable of f1.8 but stars are really weird shapes at that. If there aren't any bright stars in the field you may get away with F3.2-5. It also has a lot of vignetting but when I get calibrating that's not difficult to get rid of

• Like 1

Read up about on a photography site, it had several shots of a landscape and the edges where blurred until it was stopped down to f3.5.

Got a 70-200mm L series on its way too.