• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling Heath Autumn 2013 - OFFICIAL BOOKING THREAD

Guest Kheldar

Guest Kheldar

Right, it's all reserved! Here are the details :)

DATES

October 3rd to October 6th 2013 (I have reserved all the pitches for Thu/Fri/Sat night, if you want to change your dates then sort that out with Kelling please.)

PRICE

£13 a night including electric hookup (You must mention it's the star party you are booking for to get that rate.)

INSTRUCTIONS

All of the pitches are reserved but NOT paid for (I'm not that daft) so it's down to you :)

• Pick a pitch from the list below and note the number down

• Call Kelling Heath (01263 588181)

• Advise them you are calling (for the 2013 Autumn Star Party) to pay for a reservation

• You will need to give them my name (S Richardson) and post code (DE21 7NN) and the pitch number

• Pay

It should be that simple :) Any problems drop me a PM, but please update this thread with where you are!

(Blue names I / you have received the payment confirmation)

222 - Perkil8r (Mike)
223 - Sheila
224 - Kheldar (Stephen)
225 - Daz type-r (Darren)
226 - Eddy_J1 (Edward)
227 - CodnorPaul
228 - Allan the Plumber
229 - Ron Clarke

236 - cgolder (Colin)
237 - Geezanova (Nick)
238 - Red dwalf / Glider (Rob / Noel)
239 - philjay (Phil)
240 - BAZ Senior (Martyn)

(Just a note for those who have not been before, these bottom seven pitches are not removed from the top 8, they run parallel to them : check out the map here : http://www.kellinghe...ng-caravans.pdf )

Edited by Kheldar

Right, it's all reserved! Here are the details :)

DATES

October 3rd to October 6th 2013 (I have reserved all the pitches for Thu/Fri/Sat night, if you want to change your dates then sort that out with Kelling please.)

PRICE

£13 a night including electric hookup (You must mention it's the star party you are booking for to get that rate.)

INSTRUCTIONS

All of the pitches are reserved but NOT paid for (I'm not that daft) so it's down to you :)

1. Pick a pitch from the list below and note the number down

2. Call Kelling Heath (01263 588181)

3. Advise them you are calling (for the 2013 Autumn Star Party) to pay for a reservation

4. You will need to give them my name (S Richardson) and post code (DE21 7NN) and the pitch number

5. Pay

It should be that simple :) Any problems drop me a PM, but please update this thread when you have PAID for a pitch (copy and paste the list to a new post)

I think the following 12 pitches give us a good start.

226 - Kheldar (Stephen)

Just taken 223 as this is the one I have got for this year, so I assume it is OK,pleaase let me know if not

Sheila

if ok i`ll reserve 227 for Glider and me, same pitch as this year, can`t remember what pitch i had last year.

i`ll pay when i get to kelling in september

Guest Kheldar

I've called up and got three more in the same block based on the number of regulars who haven't seen this thread yet but I hope/suspect will want to go : I don't think they will let me reserve any more so this is the best I can do. When they are gone, they're gone :)

NEW : 240, 234, 235

NOT AVAILABLE : 241

Edited by Kheldar

The person I spoke to at kelling said that they were all booked. I don't know whether she considered them unavailable because they had been reserved. I did explain but to no avail hence booking pitch 232

Edited by Rusty Strings

Guest Kheldar

The person I spoke to at kelling said that they were all booked. I don't know whether she considered them unavailable because they had been reserved. I did explain but to no avail hence booking pitch 232

Well that was rather stupid of them! If you want me to call and move you down I can?

Though it is only one pitch removed from the block so it's not as though you are a million miles away.

If anyone else gets the same person on the phone, please re iterate to them that I've reserved all the pitches and you're calling to pay for one of them. No sense being all over the place when we've got the block reservation :)

Edited by Kheldar

They did this last year - ask to speak to Jane when you call - she's the most helpful one with astro club block bookings and payments :)

Guest Kheldar

Booked 239 Monday to Monday no probs, except she wanted to charge it to you Steve :)

I better check my CC bill carefully this month ;)

Stephen

I'll stick with 232, for now. If one of the EMS pitches is still available later I'll swop but it does mean more for those that want them. To be honest we will probably set up the scopes in a group like last year so it doesn't matter where my tent is.

Edited by Rusty Strings

hi neighbour, just booked and paid for 238

Edited by red dwalf