• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

This may take a while (obsy build thread)

Teslar

Cheers guys. Can't wait to get some imaging done. Hopefully the weather will play ball soon

• 7 years later...

Well 7 years later and with probably less than 30 nights used in total I decided to sell the obsy. Guy coming to pick it up tomorrow. I stupidly built it in the most exposed and most windy place possible. Nearly lost the roof one night when the wind caught it with the hatch open. The wind was the next biggest problem to the clouds. So I decided I’d get better results using the courtyard at the other side of the house which is sheltered on 4 sides and fortunately nobody leaves outside lights on at night. My plan is to spend the money on the EVO ASIair Plus system which will allow me almost as fast a set up and the luxury of sitting warm in the house running everything from an iPad. The wonders of technology. Laura is mightily pleased as we are replacing the obsy with summer house. I hope it a strong one or it will end up in the North Sea 

• Like 1

Hi Tom, good to see you again. That sounds like a solid plan, there's no point in suffering if you can make things comfortable whilst getting the same or better results. You still have a good few months to spend time swearing at the new gear! 😄

I think alot of us down here in the Midlands are not fully aware of what the wind is really like up there.

We have some relations who live in Orkney and we visited them a few years ago.

And it really gave me an idea of what its like to live with.

For example you don't need to close your car door when you get out of it in Orkney.

The wind will take care of that ! 😀

The only other place i've been to that compares was Fuertaventura in the Canaries.

Put your washing out on the line there and its dry 10 mins later !!