• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

29th April activity

philjay

Couldn't resist an hour this afternoon

Full disc inverted

fdmonoinv.jpg

Detail

detail1.jpg

Detail 2 inverted

detail2inv.jpg

• Like 3

These are very interesting images Phil, I don't think I have seen the Sun shown in this way before - unusual, but very good! I like it!

Thanks Steve. I try to portray the sun this way to pull out detail and contrast. Sometimes things just lurking in the background in mono stahd out much more when inverted from b&w to w&b. Proms and filaments really stand out when inverted

Very surreal images. A nice change to see it differently. If you zoom right in to the sun's limb on the third image and re-orientate, it could be burning stubble in a field on the horizon :thumbsup:

Cheers Pete.

With Ha solar its all in an artificial light anyway and looks surreal even through the eyepiece so there is no correct way of looking at it imho So to try and drag the features out by inverting and different colours is just as acceptable.

The burning stubble shows that something is coming round the corner so there should be some active regions in view soon.