• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A few tweetiepies

philjay

Spent a pleasant day out at Rutland water playing with my Olympus OMD EM10 and trying the new compound 300mm Samyang lens (equates to 600mm in 35mm money). These are a sample of some of the pics I took

I also managed a pair of Ospreys :D . Albeit they are at the limit of the lens, you are not allowed closer. Ive cropped as much as I dare. I caught the female in the act of taking off on one but it was abit blurred, this is one with her standing and with the males head just visible above the edge of the nest.

Osprey2in.jpg

Woodpeckerb.jpg

geeseb.jpg

Duckling2.jpg

Edited by philjay

Been there a few times so I know how far the Osprey's nest is so I think you have done really good to get that shot.

Nice pics Phil especially like the angle on the Greylag Geese.

Ta Mick, it was really nice just to take my time and wander slowly around the place, great weather as well apart from one short shower.

Whats this one then Mick? I haven't had chance to look it up yet

goose3b.jpg

Looks like a good day out at Rutland Water Phil! Some good shots there, I like the Great Spot well done! :) :)

Edited by Ron Clarke

Ta folks, the woodpecker was a sitting duck (scuse pun) there is a hide right next to the feeders called the Woodpecjer Hide so thought I might stand a chance and within minutes there he was.

The Greylags were posing on top of a lagoon embankment so I couldnt resist.

Im going again in the not too distant future but its over an hours drive so I cant do it too often. Next time I shall remember to take my bins or a scope :-)