We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
tuckstar

Kirk Hallam Lakeside Festival: July 5th 2015

tuckstar

Once again, IDAS, along with our friends from EMS, will be joining in the fun at this year’s Kirk Hallam Lakeside Festival. http://www.friendsofkirkhallamlake.btck.co.uk/LakesideFestival

This has been a successful event in the past and we will be setting up our display boards and telescopes with the hope of showing some people our nearest star.

This is a fun, free, family day out, come and say hello if you get the chance.

Edited by tuckstar

tuckstar

Quick bump for this event on sunday.

Weather is not looking great but we'll be there doing some cloud dodging. It's a nice little family event and it's free to attend.

monmouth3817

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it this year.  Hope the weather stays clear for everyone.  Fingers crossed.

Regards

Mark Thomas

Brantuk

The missus is irritable and wanting to get out and do any old daft stuff - buying curtains, weekend in Venice, holiday to Australia, new kitchen gadget that she doesn't need and will never use, etc.... So in my never ending quest to keep her calm and reasonable we might just pop along to this for a fun day out in the hope I get a nice quiet Sunday night out of it. :)

Edited by Brantuk

tuckstar

Well we managed to do some key hole astronomy through the clouds and thankfully the rain held off. Got some views of the sun and venus. Was quite a busy day with lots of people milling about, was nice to see a few faces about.

Perkil8r

Thanks for the glimpse of venus, had I known the weather would play ball I would have joined you.