• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Message from Martyn

Ibbo

Baz is suffering with his back and is horizontal on the floor so cannot reach the PC so will be out of contact for a while

Hope you get back on your feet soon (from past disc sufferer)

Get well soon Martyn - Meantime you can borrow Krys's scope and lay by the conservatory window for stargazing lol :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hey up Martyn, hope it clears soon else -- flat back legs in air rope, pulleys - weights off the eq mount = home traction :o

Get well soon Martyn. Just get Krys to wheel you out to the garden on your back so you can stargaze. :)

Hope your back improves soon Baz, try getting Kris to walk on it with stiletto's

I would like to say thank you for all the nice comments posted.

Today is the first day I have been able to stand upright, and get a proper wash and so on.

I ave suffered a slipped disc since 1988, and it pops out about every two or so years, I have been offered surgery to fuse the vertebrae together, but even the surgeon said that was really a last resort.

This was a bad one and really knocked me for six, I have spent all week lying flat on my back on the front room floor, and have consumed more drugs than some of the residents in Broxtowe.

So from now on it's a matter of getting slowly mobile and building up muscle strength again. It's going to hit the pay packet, but at least I am in one piece.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Glad to see you are on the mend. If there is anything I can do to help, just give us a ring, you have my number. Here's to a speedy recovery.

It could have been lugging those batteries around that done it, after all they are pretty heavy.

Glad you are back up and moving artound matey.