• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

XH558 Buzzing past Grantham 21.06.15

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

I was tracking the Vulcan on the Ipad App hoping it would be able to be seen from my back garden and although I had to jump on the Shed roof to see it I managed to snap her heading home from an airshow at Western Super-mare..

Probably the last time I will see her in the air so was a humble couple of minutes watching her soar!!!!

18842108468_fa8666b569_b.jpgXH558 -Vulcan Bomber Grantham Fly By by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

Wow, a beautiful and rare sight. You did well Steven!

I would have heard it and then missed it by the time I'd started looking for it... Even with an app ☺ï¸

I have seen the red arrows a few times lately though... 😀

I fully understand why they can't continue flying after this season, but it's still so sad. To know that we'll never see that classic shape in the air, and never hear the "howl" again (hairs up on neck just thinking about it)...  :(  :(  :(  :(  :( 

Alan