• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter & Venus

Guest Alienfox

Guest Alienfox

Hi all

I am fairly new to astronomy and even newer to astro imaging.

I am hoping to get some images of Jupiter & Venus tonight, and I am not sure which of my scopes would be best? I have the following items below:

Sky-Liner 150p, Sky-Watcher 130p, Sky-Watcher 114/1200, Skymax-90 f1/1250, Skylux 70/700 Refractor, 40mm & 15mm Super Plossl, 5mm Meade Plossl, 1.5, 2, 3x Barlow, Super 25 Wide Angle, Super 10, Antaries camera mount (Useless). Filters: No 12, 21, 23a, 56, 82a, Polor No 3, Moon. Nikon D3, D200, D70, Canon G12, loads of lenses and a studio. Plus 2 converted webcams. Both the 114 and the 90 are on motorised mounts.

Thanks in advance.

Den

Well you'll need to track them so that narrows it down to the two motorised scopes. There's only 50mm difference between the two in focal length - I'd go for the longer focal ratio one. Using a webcam would be your best bet - then stack and process the best frames. :)

if you want both in the field of view I think the framing will have to be spot on to get them both at the same time with a webcam