• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pyrex mirror blanks.

M.

Seeing that video makes me think that Martin may just have sparked something off now :)

Something like that wouldn't be that hard to make, I think you are correct in your calculation I would have said the same thing.

Still not as impressive as the swing contraption, can't find it though.

Edited by Doc

Hmmmm... A couple of 24" blanks should be far cheaper than a ready made mirror :)

F 3.5 is still going to take quite some effort though.

Hi Martin it took me about 6 months to make a 8" mirror (F6) I did it  with a group 

Stephen

Edited by Stephen

Hi Martin it took me about 6 months to make a 8" mirror (F6) I did it  with a group 

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Do you have a rough costing and idea of man hours for the total project?

Would be great to see the finished mirror fitted, all up and working.

I'd be up for getting some cash together or contributing into a project if enough members 'chip in'

I reckon we think big and build something epic :)

I guess I have to deliver now haha

Don't go trying to fool us with a shaving mirror... We will know the difference ;)

So that's why my chin always looks like the rosette nebula every time I have a shave lol. :lol:

Hi Martin I did this over 30 years ago I brought a blank that was BCF I think I spent about 10 to 12 hours a week on it

Stephen

You can buy little mirrors and lenses from   http://www.astromediashop.co.uk/    Not the same as making your own though.

Thanks for that Alan. :thumbsup:

They do have quite a range of lenses and optical stuff. Not seen that site before.