• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Eden Project (May 2015)

M.

I thought I would share some images taken with my iPad Air 2 on my trip with the missus to the Eden Project a couple of months back.

In my opinion, it's worth going just to see this.

image.jpg1_zps8hb18fgf.jpg

For the bird watchers here, very friendly this guy was.

image.jpg1_zpsxxwofqf3.jpg

image.jpg1_zps24hfagaj.jpg

Made using an averages persons lifetime of waste electrical goods.

image.jpg1_zpscbqab2gq.jpg

Edited by M__

From inside the canteen area, wonderful mechanical artwork.

image.jpg1_zps6igoxeg1.jpg

The rainforest biome entrance.

image.jpg1_zpsjlpgnzoo.jpg

Huge when inside, the air is so fresh; makes it a joy to inhale. I was a bit hot wearing a hoody though lol

image.jpg1_zpsqmxifwmd.jpg

Bananas.

image.jpg1_zpsa3cnsbu5.jpg

Things, colourful things...

image.jpg1_zpsel8g1e0h.jpg

Edited by M__

Do you know what this is?

image.jpg1_zpsb2radahi.jpg

Palm tree, I think haha

image.jpg1_zpsysoxns8l.jpg

Edited by M__

These were taken from the core, which is like a art gallery of sorts.

Seed, I think this was mined and then sculpted by hand.

image.jpg1_zpsx7wjrrf2.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsiti8ffmv.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsw8ig6bci.jpg

Edited by M__

That brings back fond memories from my visit last year. It is a very inspirational place and I'd love to go again. My son and I went on the zip wire nearly a kilometre long over the complex. That was exhilarating. :)

Love photos they also have open air concerts at the Eden project my sister and her family don't live too far and have been to a couple great atmosphere music and the bio domes great place

Very interesting - I always fancied a trip there. :)

I would recommend, we went in early May which is considered off season, so it wasn't packed out.

My only gripe would be that its an expensive day out, book online for 20% saving, adult ticket prices are £20.

That brings back fond memories from my visit last year. It is a very inspirational place and I'd love to go again. My son and I went on the zip wire nearly a kilometre long over the complex. That was exhilarating. :)

That sounds fun :) they have a huge swing their too I think. 

It's expensive any where you go now, especially if you have a family in tow, costs a small mortgage for a day out.

Never been there but very interesting.

It was, I was more in awe of the structure itself, they have a Mediterranean biome too, but I will not spoil that.

I think the med dome was booked out for a wedding at 4, bet that wasn't a cheap day haha 

I made my visit as we were on holiday just a few minutes up the road.

Also close to this site is the lost gardens of heligan.

Love photos they also have open air concerts at the Eden project my sister and her family don't live too far and have been to a couple great atmosphere music and the bio domes great place

Its a beautiful part of the country isn't it.

It's expensive any where you go now, especially if you have a family in tow, costs a small mortgage for a day out.

I'd say anything up to about 1 Delos for a family day out to the Eden Project, inclusive of B&B. :)

You have a few stashed away now Mick :)

When you have them all, line them up next to the big Nagler and post up a pic. They will make an awesome looking collection :thumbsup:

Edited by Tweedledee

How much money have you guys spunked on scope equipment, is it kept a secret from the other half lol

Edited by M__

My wife thinks my $50 US imports are great value for money, and reckons they are probably worth even more :unsure:

When you have them all, line them up next to the big Nagler and post up a pic. They will make an awesome looking collection :thumbsup:

Will do.

can't wait for that time. Thinking about one of those gun cases to display them, then they will all be in one row.

Great idea. Looking forward to some pics of them in the case then.