• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

High Definition Space Telescope

catman161

I like how they seemingly down talk the Hubble now, like its a 3" starter scope or something haha.

Wow, this is a great post! ðŸ‘

I'd not seen any spec on the HDST before - the resolution would be stunning...

The existing Hubble space telescope has paved the way and proved it can be done. The James Webb space telescope will be awesome no doubt and this HDST.... Well, at almost 12 metres diameter, the mind boggles...

It is only a proposal at the moment. But you have got to hand it to them for coming up with such an amazing project.

It's cost is estimated to be about £6.5 billion, so cheap really!😀

Isn't this likely to launch in like another 20 years though as the JWST is still in the making and will not be ready until 2018.

Ha ha Pete :) I don't like talking about my scope at present as its out of action and will be for some time. All self inflicted though. Why did I change the focuser, and then the mirror spacing and all manner of other things?! Anyway I'll get it sorted before winter I think-it's just frustrating.

I think it will be a long way off this new HD scope but if it comes to fruition-just imagine the pictures and information it will gather!

Ha ha Pete :)

I think it will be a long way off this new HD scope but if it comes to fruition-just imagine the pictures and information it will gather!

You'll have the new Planeta taking some brilliant HD pictures sooner than you think. :) :) :)