• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Delos eyepiece

Nelson

hi I have just purchased a Tele view Delos 14mm EP but have not had the opportunity to use it yet. I wanted to get, for me, a more expensive EP. I was at a viewing event and had a look at the Ring Nebula through a TV Ethos 13mm, wow, the detail was fantastic so the bee in the bonnet started. I look forward to using the EP once the skies let me.

Nice eyepiece Melvyn - great choice. You should consider going second hand with TV's cos this level of eyepiece is usually kept in pristine condition and you can save hundreds of quids. Dunno where you are in Leics but you'd be welcome to come round one evening for a tea and chat - pick a clear night and I'll get the dob out for a skim around the sky. :)

.....and if you have any regrets that you opted for the D14 instead of an E13......well....you can always sell it to me

It's a good eyepiece that's for sure.

I have the 17.3D, 10D, 6D, 4.5D, and 3.5D aiming to get the whole set one day.

So far only had a chance to use the 17.3D and I was very impressed.

I'm an Ethos lover, my next one is the 8mm, then going to save for the 17mm and if I'm still into astronomy and can find a buyer in the black market for a kidney or two, a 21mm Ethos. ;)

While I agree with Kim's point, as I can't be seeing me get rid of the Ethos EP's, I'm buying new, as I believe an EP like that (and I'm about to pinch a slogan here) is for life, not just for Christmas.

Edited by Daz Type-R
  • Like 2