• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Imaging Session 17.07.15

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Finally the a clear night and my diary aligned so I managed to get the imaging rig out of the Shedservatory..

I choose the Western Veil Nebula in Cygnus as its a target I have only ever captured briefly before.. to my surprise my polar alignment was near spot on and my session was quickly underway... something not expected as its been a couple of months since I have given it a proper go.

My guiding was well I can only say the best I've ever seen it.

I hopped onto the Bubble Nebula just before I gave in to lack of sleep and will be going back there at the next opportunity for sure!!!

Veil = 10x300sec ISO 800 Lights / 10x300sec ISO 800 Darks / Flats / Bias.

Bubble = Single 300s Light / Single 300s Dark

19641799209_ca87ae21ee_b.jpgUntitled by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

19640124110_f36e49d2e3_b.jpgWestern Veil Nebula by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

19207231273_e423898b9d_b.jpgBubble Nebula by Steven Whatley, on Flickr

Edited by StevenWhatley

Nice images Steven. Glad you managed to get out. I have not had a proper session this month!

Good choice of targets. Not ones i have tried yet... I'm impressed by how much you picked up on the vail and the variation in colour! Did you use any filters? I assume that your camera is astro modified?

What's the open cluster on your wide field with the bubble?

Both great pics and thanks for the report.

Steve

Edited by Johnnyaardvark

Love the Veil, nicely done. Shame about the satellite tracks through the bubble shot, damned inconsiderate.

It's M52.

• Like 1

Guest StevenWhatley

Thanks Guys :)

Nice images Steven. Glad you managed to get out. I have not had a proper session this month!

Good choice of targets. Not ones i have tried yet... I'm impressed by how much you picked up on the vail and the variation in colour! Did you use any filters? I assume that your camera is astro modified?

Both great pics and thanks for the report.

Steve

Thanks Steve, no filters used just the Modded 1100d I have.. it has the Baader filter inside that's it..