• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Testing the ed80

philjay

Just a quick test of the new ed80 on a couple of DSOs from last night. Nothing sparkling or ambitious, didnt have the time or energy to do long drawn out imaging runs so I just wizzed around trying a few things out. 

Focusing isnt sharp cos Im not using a small enough mask but its near enough for testng purposes, will get a finer one soon. 

M11 about 15 minutes worth

M11.jpg

The ubiquitous M27 about 25 minutes worth

m27.jpg

Tried the veil and M17 but clouds got in the way. 

Im well pleased with this little scope, nice colour rendition, slightly blue but not bad at all, I can see why this is the imagers workhorse. This is going to be mainly a travel scope plus solar imaging with the odd forray into DSO imaging so its nice to see it working well.

These arent much to look at image wise compared to what Ive done in the past and what others are producing but they are a landmark for me. This is the first time in ages that I have been fit enough to have a late night. Ive been doing solar imaging and observing as its less taxing but hopefully with the right pacing I shall get out more under the stars 

Ta for looking#

Oh PS these are all at native FL of the scope with the Atik 314l+ so its running at F7. 

Edited by philjay
  • Like 2

Very nice Phil, thanks for sharing!

A good result for the exposure times...

Looking forward to seeing the veil too!

Cheers!

Thsnks guys, sorry Steve the Veil and M17 were messed up by clouds. Shame cos the m17 was a nice image scslr