• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Playing with Photomerge

philjay

Being an old fashioned type (old git :D ) Ive always mosaicked solar and lunar manually in photoshop preferring to be in control and the few times Ive tried its always gone south. But playing with some subs of sol I took on the 15th of July I gave it another go and it sorta worked :D

Taken on the 15th July 2015 with Lunt LS50tha and QHY IMGOH mono camera barlowed 2x with Vixen LV barlow

6 panes, each pane 1500 frames from 3000. Stacked in AS2, Wavelets in Registax 6, messed about then merged in PS CS3 thenm mesed about with a bit more in CS3. :)

Quite pleased with the result. Now all I need is a clear enough sky for an hour or so to do a barlowed full disc, yeah right :D  :D

hamosaic150715.jpg

Nice Phil.

I always use Microsoft ICE for my mosaics, so long as you remember to crop the edges off of each panel before stitching.

Never failed me yet.