• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

1st Lunar with the ED80

philjay

1st lunar light on my ED80 DS and thought I would try both the modded Canon 1000d and my drop dead gorgeous little Olympus OM D EM10 as a quick comparison.  

Not having the resources(energy) to set up fully in the obs at that time of night 00.00 hrs, I chucked the ED80 on my giro 11 altaz un driven mount for this.

Both 16 from 20 Raw frames at native focal length. Stacked in R6, messed about with and cropped in PS7

First off the modded canon. Because its modded I had to take the red out (forgot to put it on CWB :facepalm:  )

finalcanon.jpg

Now the Oly

olyfinalraw.jpg

The Oly is much nicer colouring as Ive not had to take so much out in the colour as with the Canon.

Ive tried loads of times on lunar with the Oly but this is the 1st time Ive managed to do it justice I reckon.

Also credit goes to the ED80, what a super little scope, I am pleased I got one at last :D

The Olympus does give it a more pleasant hue. It somehow looks realistic. It gives it atmosphere! :lol: