• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skywatcher guidescope mount

Antares_Paul

Hey guys,

Received yesterday said item and immediately realised I was going to run into trouble getting it elegantly attached to the tube rings of my Starwave ED80. My original idea was to run a dual mount bar, anyway.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

As new £85 PayPal or £80 cash collected if you are in the area.

Paul.

Paul - that's identical to mine that I put on the 115EDT. I have the scope in CnC rings mounted on an ADM 12" dovetail plate. Then an ADM "thin" ADM plate on the top of the rings - and I mount the guide scope shoe on that. It's rock solid but would look like gross overkill on an ED80. But it's and idea fyi - the dual bar solution is more elegant :)

Yes Kim I considered a few other (spending even more money) options and decided the extra spending would go on my original plan :)

A shame because I fear I may run into the problem I was trying to avoid in the first place (lack of guide star). Hey ho ...

Paul.

Edited by Paul Laws

Guest AstronomyShed

I removed the puck from mine, bolted the ED80 rings direct to the plate, on the bottom of it I fitted one of these :-

http://www.365astronomy.com/farpoint-dovetail-accessory-adapter-clamp-for-eq-rails-p-2715.html

I have a second dovetail on the top of the rings on my ED80 and my Quattro CF10 which then gives me a quick release and change system that will fit on either of my scopes. I love those brackets and if they printed ADM on the side of them they'd be worthy of the badge.

It hasn't sold Mick but you can close the thread. It'll be safe in my shed until I can be bothered with Ebay (or utilise it in some way).

Regards.

Paul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.