• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

250p Cooling (Thruster Mod)

Guest StevenWhatley

Nice one Steve. You just need a nose cone for the other end to get the neighbours even more worried!😊ðŸ‘

Yep a nose cone should be your next mod :)

Oh, and maybe write "POLARIS" or something down the side...

Altho you may get satellites photographing your back garden alot in high res.... 😊

Ok, I'm proberbly been daft here but the back of your scope looks identical to mine. That silver looking piece is actually the back of the mirror cell, so are you only blowing air to the back centre of the cell? If so, how are you getting air around the cell to create a boundary layer of air over the face of the primary, which actually keeps dew off it and aids in cooling?

My fan mod covers and seals the entire back panel of the scope, so the air has no where to go other than up the tube!

For example, mine before.....

9D6EAE55-8B16-44E7-A5AD-C00CF09A1DF9_zps

Mine after......

22B5B264-8D45-46B2-80FF-517186B2B98B_zps

Edited by Daz Type-R

Guest StevenWhatley

Ok, I'm proberbly been daft here but the back of your scope looks identical to mine. That silver looking piece is actually the back of the mirror cell, so are you only blowing air to the back centre of the cell? If so, how are you getting air around the cell to create a boundary layer of air over the face of the primary, which actually keeps dew off it and aids in cooling?

My fan mod covers and seals the entire back panel of the scope, so the air has no where to go other than up the tube!

For example, mine before.....

9D6EAE55-8B16-44E7-A5AD-C00CF09A1DF9_zps

Mine after......

22B5B264-8D45-46B2-80FF-517186B2B98B_zps

You are quite right I still need to add in the plate to force the air up the tube.. sorry i should have mentioned that i was too busy giggling at the way it looked to focus on the way it actually worked  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Ahh fair dos, didn't want you wasting time, effort and money on something that was never going to work.

:)

Just thought, how are you varying the speed or is it set perm to slow?

Edited by Daz Type-R