• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

100,000th post - Baz

Perkil8r

EMS has reached a landmark today with a post at 2:59pm by Martyn (BAZ) which was the 100,000th post.

Here's to the next 100,000! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Oh, I didn't feel a thing.

Well done to a fantastic bunch of like minded friends, whose generous spirit makes this place what it is. A big thank you to everyone for your contributions, humour and patience. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

Nice one everybody :) I like to think not all of my contributions have been entire drivel [emoji4]

Congrats Baz, glad it was painless!  My new ish landline internet has decided not to work in the last 24 hours, so I'm now back on my old, slower, but reliable 3G mifi wifi thingy, so I had to celebrate slower  ;)

I still can't believe I've gone well over 1000 posts, despite not doing much astro, and repeatedly keep being new lol.

That is quite a milestone :good2:
Average about 74 posts per day.
Well done Martyn and everyone, what a great, active forum :)

A few statistics...

On 4th October 2012 we'd done 25,000 posts.
On 18th April 2013 we'd done 50,000 posts.
So we've steadied down a little clocking up the last 50K.

Hottest topics with the most replies...
Excluding Latest Purchases which to date has got 2810 replies and 60,966 views. I will let someone else add up how much money has been spent by EMSers :)

EMS 2, 19th Nov 2012 started by Cosmic Dave, 284 replies, 10583 views.
EMS 1 (East Midlands Starparty), 25th Jan 2012, started by Cosmic Dave, 240 replies, 8661 views.
Robs Obsy Build, 12th Oct 2012, started by Red Dwalf, 197 replies, 7149 views.
EMS Needs You! SGL 2014, 4th Dec 2013, started by Perkil8r, 176 replies, 2838 views.

And two recent ones that have been very hot...
EMS 4, 26th Feb 2015, started by BAZ, 168 replies, 3517 views.
My Vintage Celestron C8 2000mm f/10, 17th Jun 2015, started by M__, 168 replies, 2401 views.

Also there is a fantastic mine of information collected together within this marvellous forum :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Lovely round up there Pete.

I think of this forum more like a family as I know most of you personally and have many friends here.

It's a great forum and i hope it lasts many more years.

Lovely round up there Pete.

I think of this forum more like a family as I know most of you personally and have many friends here.

It's a great forum and i hope it lasts many more years.

Cheers Mick.

I feel the same way. :thumbsup:

Oh! And I've just finished totting up Latest Purchases at roughly £238,857 :blink: