• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Einstein puzzle. Who owns the fish?

M.

Ok, I did this earlier today. I reckon I spent about 30 - 40 minutes because I missed the 'milk' clue out! Anyways, it ain't as difficult to say "98% of the world population would not be able to solve it" :/

I used plain paper, with colour pens to assist.

Have fun :)

Edited by M__

About 20% of the worlds population is illiterate, so would that then make it around 3 out of 4 unable to solve it out of those able to read?

I think Einstein used the 98% as a figure of speech, not a fact at the time...

And the fact that I've seen so many people supposedly get the 'right' answer from working it through suggests that they aren't actually getting the real answer!

It's a simple logic puzzle. If anyone sits with a pen and paper and draws out a table to note who has what and is where, it can be worked out given time. I think the clever of those amongst us are the ones who either work it out much more quickly and/or those that work it out without paper. It took me a fair while doing it on paper.

It's a simple logic puzzle. If anyone sits with a pen and paper and draws out a table to note who has what and is where, it can be worked out given time. I think the clever of those amongst us are the ones who either work it out much more quickly and/or those that work it out without paper. It took me a fair while doing it on paper.

I agree.

Is it possible to complete by removing a single clue I wonder :/

This was very simple... Just took me 30 seconds

to Google it ☺ï¸.....

Anyway, It's the French geyser.... Sacre bleu!