• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free nebulae :) - SOLD

Tweedledee

The Webb Society Deep Sky Observers Handbook - Planetary and Gaseous Nebulae. 149 pages. Paperback.

FREE to good home and FREE postage! :)

I bought this copy as it was a bargain price, forgetting that I already had one :facepalm2:

This is an excellent book, but not really a beginners guide. It has details on a lot of stuff that would be a challenge from light polluted UK skies, but also shows some much brighter objects that you can see.

As per the photos, it contains observations and drawings using amateur sized equipment 6", 8", 18" etc as well as professional 40" and 100" scopes. The first third of the book details just about everything you could ever want to know about nebulae, and the rest is observations and drawings.

20150918_174356.jpg

20150918_173010.jpg

20150918_174316.jpg

Go on then Pete.

I can keep it until I get my 16" plus dob sometime in the next 10-15 years......

:P

Edited by Daz Type-R

I am going to see how much they would be printed and Laminated at A3, they would be an amazing atlas out at night. I have the field atlas 2000. But it's white on black and tricky to see with a red light.

Go on then Pete.

I can keep it until I get my 16" plus dob sometime in the next 10-15 years......

:P

You'll see a lot of these objects in your 200p :)

PM me your address please and I will either drop it through your letterbox on my travels or put it in the post.

I am going to see how much they would be printed and Laminated at A3, they would be an amazing atlas out at night. I have the field atlas 2000. But it's white on black and tricky to see with a red light.

I'm sure you could get some orders in from a few members and get them done cheaper. I would definitely buy some laminated ones. :thumbsup:

You'll see a lot of these objects in your 200p :)

PM me your address please and I will either drop it through your letterbox on my travels or put it in the post.

Cheers Pete.

Will I really - fantastic!!!!!

Do you want to hang onto it and bring it to EMS4, save you a trip to the post office?

This then will give me something to hunt when we have 3 full nights of clear sky!!!!

Cheers Pete.

Will I really - fantastic!!!!!

Do you want to hang onto it and bring it to EMS4, save you a trip to the post office?

This then will give me something to hunt when we have 3 full nights of clear sky!!!!

You will only bag these nebulae if you use some really top class eyepieces, but if the EMS4 site is as dark as the light pollution maps suggest, your Televues might suffice :P .

Good idea, I forgot that EMS4 is coming up so fast. I've just given myself permission to have two days off work next week to get the dob ship shape ready for it :) .