• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

couple of questions

seven_legs

hi all

just notice one of these on flo, Baader ClickLock 2"-1.25" Adapter. i right in thinking that i can use my 2" eyepieces and 1.25 eyepieces on it instead changing the eyepieces holder each time i change different size eyepieces? if you know what i mean? and withh it work on a my 350 dob?

other question, thinking of getting a 2" heat strip for 2"eyepieces. can you sort of use them for the 1.25 eyepieces?

thanks all...sorry for being thick..lol

tony

Guest CodnorPaul

You put that into your 2" focuser so you can put 1.25" EPs in it, then you take the whole thing back out to put a 2" EP in - this is the same as most focusers that accept 2" EPs, they tend to come with a 1.25" adapter.  If you haven't got one then yes it will work in the way I said, if you have then it wont change anything.  Sorry not 100% sure what you meant.

As for other question then you could just keep wrapping it round a smaller EP - it doesn't need to be a perfect fit as it is just about keeping the EP above ambient temperature

Yeah Pauls got it.

If your focuser is a 2" and you want to use a 2" ep, then the ep goes direct into the focuser.

If your focuser is a 2" and you want yo use a 1.25" ep, then you put the 2" - 1.25" adapter into the focuser first, secure it like you would any other ep and then put your 1.25" ep into that.

I use the Moonlite equivalent on my scope, as my ep's are 2" but my laser collimator is 1.25".

Yes it will fit on your 350P, you will just need to be careful of in/out focuser travel (your adding something extra into the train so the amount you will have to rack the focuser in/out will alter, could cause issues if your near the end of the focuser travel, hope that makes sense)?

And yes you can use a 2" dew strip on a 1.25" ep, you will just need to wrap it around more.

If this is the one you mean...

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p5817_Baader-CLICKLOCK-2--to-1-25--reducer-for-1-25-eyepieces-and-adapters---15-B.html

it is a posh version of other 2" to 1.25" adapters. The posh bit is that it automatically centres your eyepiece or collimation tool whereas others may push it slightly to one side when you tighten the thumbscrew. You simply twist this and it centres and locks the 1.25" eyepiece in place. As said above you take it out to use a 2" eyepiece.

There are cheaper adapters that centre 1.25" eps, I had one from Skies the Limit for about £20 Inc p&p.

The Baader will be a top class item but costs more. I have the Baader 2" click lock which is nice.

Thanks all.

I see, see no point really, as that's what I do now when changing eyepieces.

Good to know about the dew strips, ta