• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Core of IC 1805

red dwalf

same image as Friday nights effort, but used the 2 x drizzle in Deep Sky Stacker to concentrate on the core of the Heart nebula,

think this shows up the misty seeing conditions fairly well and also my egg shaped stars i`m still getting, heaven knows what causing them.

21965066425_5347c79557_b.jpg

Looks good Rob not sure about egg stars going to check my image see if I get the same as we now have completely same set up 

They don't look as bad on this image as I reduced the star size with one of noels actions, think that's why they look fuzzy round the edges, as well as the misty seeing conditions.

Phd 2 and pulse guiding with eqmod, and a Zwo 120 asi mono camera on a 60 mm Altair astro guide scope.

Very tightly through the rings on the GT 81, seems very tight, as is the camera connected to the guide scope.

Couple of things I've tried so far are to unscrew the lens cell from the scope tube, just in case the optics were pinching although I don't hold out much hope on that one, and to connect the eqdirect cable directly to the computer and not thorough the powered hub, but I might be clutching at straws as it worked fine before.