• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Telescope branding that makes you cringe.

M.

I was just searching eBay and came across a Tasco Galaxsee telescope, which got me thinking.....

What is the most bizarre, weird, funny, or just pure cringeworthy telescope branding you have every seen?

This can include, packaging, adverts, model names and so on.

Anything seben and anything that states "500x magnification"

Edited by tuckstar

I have fond memories of Tasco telescopes. My very first telescope in the early eighties. I was about 11 years old,was a 40mm Tasco scope on a terrible table top tripod mount with no finder. It has a zoom eyepiece. People today would turn their noses up at such a scope but I had the best of times with that scope. I learned so much then and met newtyng5( Rob) then and with been best mates and getting into trouble ever since.

I think if it gets you under the stars and learning about the magnificent that is the universe than any brand of scope it's ok to start of with.

• Like 3