• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

28/10/15 Just a quick session

philjay

Just managed an hour tonight before the full moon got too high and the clouds rolled in round here

Spotted a few doubles in Perseus managed 12

There were 3 which I was most impressed with, even with the bright skies and they are well worth a look

STF268 and 270. These two pairs are just a few arcminutes apart and fit nicely in a 7mm eyepiece on the 127. STF268 is a 6.7 and 8.5 mag pair just 3" separation and 270 are a wider but fainter 7.0 and 9.7 mag pair at 20.9" separation. These two pairs make a nice view.  02h29.4 - +55 32'

A showcase pair STF331 at 5 and 9.7 mag with an easy 13.9" separation. Quite spectacular this pair, 03h 00.9m - +52 21'

A kissing pair at higher mags is STF314. 5.2 and 6.2 mags at 11.9" separation. This was nice and easy with a 5mm in the 127 and nice and bright. 02h 52.9" - +53 00

Take a look I can recommend them

Nice one Phil, I didn't get home from work until 19:30 by which time the moon was up and on full beam.