• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anyone using AstroBin ? Just seen this....

Bino-viewer

Just wondering how many EMS are using AstroBin to showcase their images ?

Just seen over on SGL that as from next year 2016, its going to be a paid, yearly subscription.

This isn't a bad thing though, and AstroBins founder Salvatore Lovene makes a sound argument for the change.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/256305-astrobin-to-become-a-paid-service-in-2016/page-1#entry2799527

yes they sent me an e mail, assumed they had sent everyone who uses astrobin one

we will see how it goes but not sure i will pay the subscription as I dont use it an awful lot

• Like 1

There's sites like Flickr and Photobucket that are free up to a certain volume.

they are not really as good  as this astro site.  it allows easy putting in of equipment and details/integration times etc and plate solving, plus a place of like minded folks.

so they really an alternative to what astrobin offers, but  i suppose they are OK just to store images, i dont know the limits for size/volume

they are not really as good  as this astro site.  it allows easy putting in of equipment and details/integration times etc and plate solving, plus a place of like minded folks.

so they really an alternative to what astrobin offers, but  i suppose they are OK just to store images, i dont know the limits for size/volume

I put most of the capture and processing details in my blog. I don't keep repeating too many details on my lunar shots, as I have a "recipe": stack lots of full disc images then finish off in GIMP, removing most of the red and blue.