• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Wedding

BAZ

MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO

DI & KIM

(ANDROMEDA & BRANTUK)

WHO WERE HITCHED TODAY IN A

LOW KEY CEREMONY.

WE WISH YOU MANY YEARS OF HAPPINESS TOGETHER.

:love::love:   :kisses:      :love::love:

Edited by BAZ
  • Like 3

Thanks so much everyone :):)

We had a lovely day yesterday - it was a beautiful little ceremony at the registry office in Glenfield, and then we all zipped off to the Rothley Court Hotel nearby for our reception. It was only a small do with 8 of us in total, mostly family and a couple of close friends (about all I could handle right now), and we only got back around lunch time today.

When my condition is finally sorted in the months to come, we'll be able to throw a larger bash to celebrate our vows and invite a wider range of our friends and family. But for now - my latest astronomy acquisition is an astronomer wife - just gotta find out what bits I need to hook her up to a telescope lol. :)

• Like 1

I'm a little late here.....

To Kim & Di

Congratulations & all the best for the future.

And keep reaching for the stars....! :friends::telescope:

Thanks Rob :)

(Not late at all - I only just logged in for the first time as a married man lol)

Edited by Brantuk

Those astronomer wives are just point and shoot devices, so long as you have them aligned correctly they work just fine. Cold and damp tend to affect the performance, but regular lubrication with a hot drink tends to sort it out. I don't think anyone has successfully managed a full reboot yet, if they get a bit erratic, turn off and let them rest for a week or two in the warm. Realignment may be needed as the magnetic fields off the kitchen sink and cookers can throw them out. :lol: 

• Like 3

Just prating about with creating and using a gallery cos I have a few new pics and it turns out it's all over the front page Ugh!

Woulda been nice to just put them in this thread for anyone who's interested.

What the heck - there it is - a few snaps from the wedding - enjoy :)